Stay Safe Course for Ottawa Youth – The Details
Often, youth are on their own for short periods of time, perhaps after school, before parents come home from work or at shopping complexes such as the local mall. Stay Safe! is a new course designed for youth aged 9 to 13 years, in order to provide skills and knowledge to increase their confidence in staying safe on their own or within their community. The program offers age-appropriate first aid knowledge and skills to reduce injury to self or others, should an emergency occur.
Red Cross First Aid Instructor with extensive medical background
Minimum 9 years of age (or completion of Grade 3); for tweens up to age 13.
- The importance of responsibility and respect while being accountable for yourself
- The importance of setting and following safety rules when on your own
- How to stay safe at home and within the community
- How to prepare for, recognize and respond to unexpected situations (e.g., inclement weather, strangers, and unanticipated visits)
- Basic first aid skills
Stay Safe! Workbook
To bring: Nut free snack, lunch and water bottle.
Ready to book?
Use our calendar to select a class day and time.
Upcoming Events › Stay Safe
Events Search and Views Navigation
- No matching events listed under Stay Safe. Please try viewing the full calendar for a complete list of events.