Babysitting for Ottawa Youth – The Details
Offers basic first aid and caregiving skills for youth 11-15 years old. Participants learn how to provide care to children in a variety of age groups, and how to prevent and respond to emergencies. The course also offers youth the skills to promote themselves as babysitters to prospective families.
The course is taught by a Red Cross First Aid Instructor and runs for 7-8 hours. Students must be a minimum 11 years of age (or have completed Grade 5). Students will receive a certificate and a take-home manual.
To bring: Nut free snacks and lunch, water bottle and doll.
- How to be responsible and demonstrate leadership
- How to make good decisions and manage difficult behaviours
- Information on children’s developmental stages, and specific strategies for each stage
- How to feed, diaper, dress, and play with children and babies
- How to recognize and prevent unsafe situations, make safe choices and promote safe behaviours
- First aid skills
- The business of babysitting
Ready to book?
Use our calendar to select a class day and time.
Upcoming Events › Babysitting
Events Search and Views Navigation
- No matching events listed under Babysitting. Please try viewing the full calendar for a complete list of events.