National Capital First Aid will continue to operate with several new policies in place. In person training continues to be postponed awaiting the go ahead from the federal government. You can begin to work on the knowledge component of the class through an online module. If in person training has not yet resumed by your scheduled training date, we will touch base to update you. When in person training resumes, participants will receive a list of training dates from which they can schedule their in person skill portion to complete the course and be fully certified.
Here is what we will be doing for you:
- Participants will be offered dedicated training materials.
- We will be moving to electronic manuals during the pandemic. You will receive a copy via email prior to the course. Feel free to bring your phone or tablet to class to access the manual. Hard copies will be available for purchase.
- We will provide gloves and hand sanitizer.
- We will provide enough space between participants as to respect social distancing measures. (at least 6 feet)
- We have modified our hands-on skills to be be Covid conscious.
- Courses offered until the end of October will be offered in a blended learning format to minimize commuting as well as time spent in a gathered setting. This means that the knowledge component is completed online prior to time in class for the skills component.
- As always, we will continue to thoroughly disinfect our training material after each class.
Here is what we request from you:
- All participants are to wear surgical masks or for the duration of the class. Please bring your mask from home and arrive wearing it. Cloth masks can not be worn in class.
- If a participant presents to class with a cough, fever or feeling unwell, they will be rescheduled into a future class.